What is Mental Health First Aid?
MHFA teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis.
MHFA England training won’t teach people to be therapists, but just like physical first aid, it will teach them to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis.
What’s included in Mental Health First Aid training:
Learning takes place through a mix of group activities, presentations, and discussions to provide:
- A deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect people’s wellbeing, including your own
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support
All participants will receive a course manual, pocket mental health guide and certificate upon completion of the training.
What attendees have said about our MHFA Training:
“A very interesting and informative course which has certainly opened my eyes to many mental health issues. It has helped to clear up any misunderstandings and given me confidence to spot a potential problem and to step in. The instructors have been incredibly helpful and supportive.”
“Such a vital course, it really should be mandatory. Our instructors were truly passionate about mental health which was contagious and so inspiring.”
“I have thoroughly enjoyed the this course and I will certainly recommend to others. The chances of having somebody in need of mental health support are high, and this course has given me the confidence and knowledge to help.”